Wednesday, April 17, 2013

hope ...

I am struggling right now ... as I know many others are ... trying to wrap my head around what has happened.  The feelings are similar to the feelings I had when my dad died in a car accident ... September 11 ... I feel helpless and am reminded that we ultimately have no control over our lives ... life is so fragile and so short and so precious.  Human beings amaze me ... how could someone do something so horrible and yet look at the number of people who rush into a burning building to save a strangers life ... Most humans are good and the good outweigh the bad by huge numbers ... and it is the number of good souls that give me hope when all seems so hopeless.   I struggle between crying and wanting to just start knocking things off my bucket list.  Time heals all wounds and I know this ... two years ago my world was ripped apart and I thought it would never be good again and yet it is infinitely better ... life goes on ... but it is these experiences that make me want to be a better person ... make me want to stop and smell the roses ... make sure I always tell those I love how much I love them ... make sure my friends know that my life is better because they are part of it.  For now anyway there is nothing I can do ... only try to process what has happened ... and be grateful for all good in my life ... and focus on hope ...









No comments:

Post a Comment