Sunday, June 16, 2013

Smokie ...

The stray cat in my back yard who I have named Smokie is testing me ... I have been feeding him since last fall ... clipping off fur balls when I can and trying like hell to get him to trust me enough so that I can somehow get him to a vet ... get him cleaned up and try and find a home for him.  When he first started coming around he was obviously injured ... two huge wounds on the his neck open and raw have since healed ... he never groomed himself at first but now cleans himself ... he lived the whole winter under a crawl space at the back of my house ... after each snow storm I would shovel a path to the spot and make sure he had food and water ... and how does the bastard repay me ... yesterday he killed two chipmunks.  I feed the birds and the squirrels and the chipmunks (really just the birds but the others think it's for them as well) ... so what I am doing is basically giving Smokie a great hunting ground ... I am not a big fan of blood and guts ... 




Thinking of a new name ... Killer 

No comments:

Post a Comment