Saturday, June 25, 2011

1 Year Anniversary

Yesterday was my 1 year anniversary of starting this blog.  I would like to have posted but to be honest I was too tired.  I spent the day with my 3 year old nephew Zachary.  Holy cow how do you people with kids do it.  I'll tell you how...parents don't do it, crazy aunts like Auntie Lisa and aunt Sharon do it. (Notice that Lisa gets the Auntie and I just get aunt .... as those that follow the Zachary saga know he loves aunt Lisa more.) Anyhoo yesterday was his pre-school end of the year play, skit, whatever you call it when a bunch of 3 years old sing and dance.  So I was up earlier than on a work day... on my day off.  Then off to New Hampshire for the show which was to start promptly at 10:00. (not till 10:20) and we got there around 9:30. (Not complaining just explaining why I was so tired.) 


He was the color "Yellow" for those of you that do not go to the theater 
and do not understand the acting genius that is before your eyes.


After the show and the tour of his school and classroom we all went back to his house for a cookout and birthday party for both of his grandmothers.  My sister-in-law is a damn fine cook and the food was good and I didn't have any breakfast so I ate too much. (Whenever I eat too much it makes me soooooo tired)  The kid loves to play with his aunts.  I'm not happy to admit it but I'm 48,  and playing with a 3 year old,  although I wouldn't miss it for the world, makes me tired.  

So I didn't post on my 1 year of blogging anniversary...but I did want to just say that it has been so good for me. I truly don't think I would be in this good shape mentally after the past 3 months and a few days if I didn't have this space to write my thoughts and feelings.  (All my friends are saying "what we don't get the credit for carrying your sorry ass for the past 13 weeks and 3 days"....they do....but me and the blog did some hard work too.) Thanks to those who have been reading for the past year ... and all the positive comments.... and happy anniversary to me!  





No comments:

Post a Comment