Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Amber is 27


My niece Amber turned 27 on the June 14th.  She lives in Long Beach CA, so I don't get to see her that often.  It was great to have her and her boyfriend Bryce here for a few days and great for me to be able to cook a big birthday dinner for them.  Amber is very special, at three months she laughed like a 3 year old. It always amazed me.  She was very smart and knew how to pose for the camera very early on.  She was the flower girl in my first wedding she was only 2.



 

I know the head piece is a little much but it was the mid 80's.   The dress was made entirely by my mom you can't really see it to well from these bad photos but lots of sequins an pearls. (She also made my next wedding dress 5 years later, but this is about Amber and not my failed marriages.)

Amber is a meat and potato girl although you would never know it because she has a salad body.  Anyhoo it was steak tips and scalloped potatoes for her and lobsters for Bryce.

 I prepped too many potatoes so I had enough to do 3 dishes.
Amber and Bryce ate most of the small one before dinner.

 Bryce is a huge lover of seafood, so he really enjoyed Boston. They were able to travel to Gloucester 
(pronounced glossta with your best Boston accent) and Rockport for a day. 
He is also a huge Red Sox fan which we love about him.
 Amber wasn't quite as comfortable as Bryce which amazed me 
because the girl went sky diving for her birthday.... fearless.


 So Amber got her meat and potatoes and 
 Bryce got his lobster (lobsta)
 and Zachary got birthday cake


It was such a great visit .... but too short....come back soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment