Tuesday, August 24, 2010

individual seafood casserole




This past weekend I hosted a party for my mom and two of her closest friends. They always celebrate their birthdays together on one day in the summer rather than get together 3 times. I really enjoy these 3 ladies together, they have 3 totally different personalities. My mom would rather die (and would) than every use the "F" word. One uses it very often and tells the most horrific dirty jokes. The other was married to a minister. Add my sister, who I think is the funniest woman on the face of the earth, (well she's no Ellen) to the mix and its a good time. I tried to make something fancy for this special occasion. The menu was, popovers, tomatoes with mozzarella and basil salads, individual seafood casseroles, lemon risotto, green beans, lemon cake and homemade lemon ice cream.



I was concerned about how to do the seafood because the scallops were big and the shrimp were smaller, and the lobster and crab was already cooked. So I cooked all the raw seafood until just done then I layered them in the individual casserole dishes with the crab and lobster. I made a white sauce with a splash of sherry, spooned it over the seafood and topped it off with some buttered bread crumbs. Stuck them in the oven and heated them through. It was quite good if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment