Monday, October 25, 2010

Dinner Tonight


This was dinner tonight.   I had some raw chicken breast and shrimp left over from the Gumbo/Jambalaya that I made for Saturday's get together.  So it had to be used today.   What the hell to do with it was the question.  I threw some smart balance in the pan (because I'm trying to be healthy and reduce my size and be fabulous before I'm 50) and then added a few pinches of Salad Herbs from Pickity Place. (Pickety Place is a wonderful place in Mason N.H. check it out at PicketyPlace.com - I order all my dried herbs from them online)  (The Salad Herbs contain: savory, tarragon, parsley, dill weed, marjoram, and basil.)  I cooked the chicken then added some chicken stock, some 1/2 and 1/2 (the fat free version is great and much healthier)  added the shrimp and let it cook a few minute till the shrimp turned pink.  I added a little corn starch and cold water to thicken.

 

I cooked two packages of Trader Joe's pasta and added a bag of petite peas a few minutes before draining.




I added it all together and topped it with a handful of fresh parsley..... it got a "not bad" from Joe... so we'll count it as a winner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment