Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Objects




Ok, I've written about my problem with material objects and how I have a thing about them....well, last night while cleaning the objects on my kitchen window sill I realized color seems to be a thing as well.  Joe once complained that every room in the house is either blue or green.  I had no idea how far reaching my problem is.   

These little bottles were found buried in the back yard by my brother Jim years ago while digging for worms for fishing.  The little salt shaker was my grandmothers (Nana Beck).

The tea cup was another grandmother's (Moo Moo - Swedish for grandmother - my dad's step mom).  The imps were a gift from a friend.

The blue bottom glasses are all the same pattern, but found at different times. 
The rooster glass was my moms, the pale blue one my dad used, the planet I love, and the drink stir sticks (with O my blue and green glass tops).


The blue glass with bubble bottom a gift from my sister, with a blue bubble marble inside.  The teacup is one from my large collection that broke, but because it belonged to Nana Beck I glued it together.  
The teabag holder (a family piece) is holding giant marble that was used to darn sock many years ago (found at an Antique sale).

The little wedgewood cup, egg cups and milkglass antique eggs (the eggs belong to my Nana Mary my father's Mom)and also family  items.

The goat cup is one my mother used as a child, helps to hold my peach pit collection (don't ask).
The dragonfly pin was a gift from my sister-in-law Caroline....I love it.


Ok.....does anyone else think I have a problem......

No comments:

Post a Comment