Friday, October 29, 2010

Smoked Salmon Pizza

I was sure that Joe was going to hate tonights dinner.  He's not big on fish anyway.... but smoked salmon.... not at all.   I partially cooked the pizza dough, then added the finely chopped smoked salmon.  I zested 3 lemons and cut off the white, then cut out each section of lemon, removing all the seeds and gave it a rough chop and threw that on with the zest.   Covered it all with grated gruyere cheese and chopped chives, a  heavy shake of pepper, and put it back in the oven (at 400).  I served Joe one piece and told him he probably wouldn't like it.  He ate four pieces and said it was good....so it must be good!











Yesterday it was 78 degrees out.  It's in the 50's today and the weatherman said frost tonight.  That New England weather.  I cut all my herbs down today and brought them into dry.  Always depressing, it's like giving in and admitting winter is coming.

Basil

Marjoram

Oregano, Rosemary, Tarragon 

Parsley

Pineapple Sage

Mint/Chocolate Mint

No comments:

Post a Comment