Monday, November 1, 2010

Soup, Soup and More Soup!

My sister is sick....has been since Friday.  So I made soup for her.  She's a big fan of my soups.


This is Sausage, Tomato and Rice,


    
and this is Greek Lemon Egg and Rice,



and finally, Corn Chowder with Maple Bacon.

The Sausage was her favorite.  She probably couldn't taste the others she so stuffy.  And for Joe I made calzone, because soup alone is not a meal.

  


I'm on a mission to make as many soups as I can think of this fall and winter, maybe try to do a soup  cookbook.... if anyone is interested in the "how to" on any of my soups let me know! 

I have been avoiding the jam/jelly making since the major failure of the watermelon jelly, but last night changed that.  I had great success with the plum jam, and the color is so beautiful.










Okay, one more little thing.... I discovered this last night and was thrilled.  This proves that it doesn't take much to make me happy.  Friday afternoon I cut all my herbs to dry.  While I was at it I cut back the tomato plants, summer squash and peas.  The pea plant had some flowers that I knew would die that night because of the frost.  So I cut them and put them in a glass of water on the kitchen window sill.  


One of the flowers dropped off and there was a tiny little pea pod.






1 comment:

  1. I'd love your corn chowder and maple bacon recipe! I have been bringing soup to school a lot lately, which is a nice pick me up during the long day.

    ReplyDelete