Monday, December 27, 2010

Ho! Ho! Ho! I'm tired......

Well.....another Christmas over.....I'm tired and sick.  Just a little cold but still yuck!  Joe and I had our Christmas Eve open house and it was lots of fun as usual.  My niece Shannon who lives in Newport Beach CA was really into cookies this Christmas so I told her I would post mine here and if she wants any of the recipes she'll let me know.. OK here we go.......




I have these great snowflake cutters...just basic rolled cookies (sugar cookies) a little white frosting and a heavy sprinkle of chunky sugar. 

The top plate has my moms mini cheesecake tarts.... she makes them for me every year...these are 
Joe's favorite part of Christmas!

Next is the French torte minis with whip cream and shaved chocolate.

On the bottom are the malted milk ball cookies.



Little cake bits made by mom.


On the top some Christmas cookies made by mom.

On the bottom Chocolate dipped pretzel rods.

The Russian tea balls (some call them snowball cookies) are on the plate below.




The rest of the buffet is below (as usual I made too much food)





Asparagus wrapped with prosciutto


Bruschetta with crostini


Pea salad with smoked almonds and jicama


meatballs, sausages with peppers and onions and lasagne


Moms famous potato salad


marinated veggies, artichoke hearts, mushrooms and olives

There was a cold cut and cheese platter as well.

I didn't do the traditional Swedish food that my family did every year 
when I was a child like the raw pickled herring, but nobody seemed to notice.....Shhhhh!


This is my handsome baby brother Carl and his girlfriend Sherri


My very good friend Shirley and my grand niece Katherine 
(who brought her recent drawings for me to critique)


And my sweet cat who loves being under the tree (but only after everyone leaves)




3 comments:

  1. Sharon,

    I'm not stalking you but was so impressed with the description of your blog...ok, I'm a frustrated writer! Anyway, you should have your own TV show - this is great and I (and David) look forward to future posts. LIZ

    ReplyDelete