Monday, December 27, 2010

What to do with all the food???

I had sooooo many cold cuts left over from Christmas Eve and what the heck to do with it all????
When all else fails make soup!

I chopped up celery, onion, carrots, garlic and parsley,


cooked them down and added beef broth.


Added some rinsed barley,


chopped up the all the roast beef that was left and 
 "but a bing-but a bang" a nice pot of beef barley soup.  




Joe and I each had a little bowl and then into the freezer it went.


I made some pizza dough and cooked the soup while it was rising.
I took the rest of the cold cuts, cheese, and some pesto and made a huge calzone.




I intended to freeze most of it but needed something filling 
to serve Joe after he did snow removal ALL DAY LONG.

This is the back yard yesterday...just a dusting....

This was around 9:00 a.m. today....it didn't stop snowing until late this afternoon!
It is so amazing how you can love something as a child 
and as an adult it actually causes pain, mentally and physically.

I got a chance to play with my favorite Christmas gift from my sister.  
It's an ebelskiver pan.  They are very good and very hard to describe.
Sort of like a pancake but sort of like the texture on the inside of a popover but more dense.


 YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment