Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Antique Inkwell

Saturday I went to an "Antique Fair" held at a church in town.  This is an annual event that my sister, mother and I attend every year.  I tell myself every year that I will not buy anything, but I always do.  Nothing big...but there is one rule, I absolutely have to love the object.  AND I DO!  My sister thinks I'm nuts she doesn't find anything about this object interesting or beautiful.  Drum roll please........









The guy who sold it to me said he didn't know the origin of it but he has worked in antiques all his life and never seen anything like it.  The hinge is very old and very delicate so I know it must be pretty old.  So cool....

1 comment:

  1. I love it. It has to be the most beautiful inkwell ever. I have never seen an inkwell or glass made like that. What a find!

    ReplyDelete