Sunday, March 6, 2011

Girls Night IN!

I had a few girl friends over on Friday night for some drinks and small bites.  We had fun and laughed a lot which I'm sure is why I had a bit of a headache on Saturday.  I took a couple of shots of them during the night, some of them were smiling while others where shoving food in their mouths.  In each shot someone looked bad and I know the girls would rather not have a bad shot of them published.....so....on to the food.






First we had some pea pockets, I got the recipe from 101 Cookbooks, Heidi suggests to either fry or steam them but I decided to brush them with a small amount of oil and bake them because some the other things were fried.  (Next time I'll steam them)




Next was Donna's request she loves tomato, basil and mozzarella salsa on garlic toast.



My favorite veggie spring rolls.



Lemon hummus with pita chips and veggies.


Chicken of a stick...


These don't look good, but tasted great.  I wrapped a piece of brie cheese with some dried cherry and pecans and baked them until golden, then cut them in half.


I also fried some squid but the coating didn't stick yuck, and Carmela brought some stuffed mushrooms...yum! Didn't get a picture of them.

I also made some ham and cheese ebilskivers.... so good.  I had some of the batter and ham and cheese left on Saturday morning I made a giant ebilskiver for me and Joe to split.  Didn't get a picture of them either.


I had a good time with the girls and the best part was I never had to leave the house!

Who lost an earring.... found this in front of the fireplace Saturday morning ....


anyone?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment