Wednesday, March 23, 2011

moments

There are moments in life that define you.  Moments that shape you and make you who you are. Moments that literally suck the life breath out of you, kick you in the gut and drive you to your knees.  But it's not in the moment that you are on your knees that defines you.  It's the moment you stand back up.   Lena Horne said "It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it."  So I'm carrying it and it's heavy.  Sometimes I have to stop and rest, sometimes I drop it, but I pick it back up and carry it down the road.  The road has changed too.  For so long the road was straight and smooth and I could see for miles.  Now the road is bumpy and curved with many hills and I can only see a few feet ahead at times .... but I can see .... and I will carry it.  

I hope someday the road will be straight and I'll be able to see for miles again. I hope the load gets lighter and easier to carry.  But for now I am carrying it and it's changing me ... I hope for the better.  There is always hope and rebirth and spring. 



No comments:

Post a Comment