Monday, March 7, 2011

Seafood Stew

Yesterday I made a seafood stew.  It was good and hopefully not too bad for me. (Some butter was used...Shhh don't tell the Dr.)  I made brown rice and put a mound in the center of the bowl and put the stew around it.  That's healthy .... brown rice.... right....

First I chopped 1  large onion, 4 ribs of celery and 2 small cloves of garlic and cooked them in a large pot with some olive oil.  Once the onions and celery were tender I added some water (about 8 cups)  the zest of  2 lemons, 1&1/2 tsp of Hon Dashi fish stock powder, 2 tsp lobster stock paste, 2 Knorr chicken cubes and about 2 cups of white wine.  

While that was cooking I cooked 4 small pieces of talapia in a fry pan with some butter.  When cooked I added that to the pot of broth.


Then I cooked about 1 pound of large scallops in butter and added them to the stock.    



Make sure to clean the shrimp really well.


After cooking and adding the shrimp I threw in some crab meat and the squid at the end.  





I served it with a caesar salad.


And for dessert we had some frozen vanilla yogurt with some of the kumquat jam I made last week...so good... 


No comments:

Post a Comment