Thursday, May 26, 2011

In the Garden....


These days I feel best when I am out in my yard.  I've been working on the front of the house which is where my vegetables and herbs are, because its the only place I get sun.  The back of the house is complete shade and woods.  The back is where I get creative with the decor.  So .... some before pictures of the front, and after things start to take off I'll post some follow up pictures.   Most people don't care, but I know my good friend Joan loves pictures of plants.  So this is for my Joan.

Lemon Thyme
 Oregano and Marjoram
 Rosemary and Chives
 Tarragon and Pineapple Sage
 Lemon Verbena and Lemon Balm
 Flat leaf Parsley
 Peppermint Spearmint and Chocolate Mint (smells just like chocolate unbelievable)
 Basil
Now the Vegetables these are 
Watermelon Radishes and I am very excited about them
They are green on the outside and pink on the inside...can't wait!

 Yellow grape tomatoes
 Heirloom summer squash variety
Red Grape Tomatoes
Green beans 
 English Peas
 Lettuce

And all the pots are sitting on Lilly of the Valley that I cannot seem to kill.
I have ornamental shrubs because grass will not grow here....my poor grandfather tried for years .... 
 This will hopefully be an overgrown pot of Nastursum (that's not the right spelling) 
its an edible flower that is very peppery.
 I am going to grow grass...right here where the stone came out....
just another reason for my Grandfather to haunt me
 This is a Peony that my friend Joan gave me ..... maybe 15, 16, 17 years ago
it had never bloomed ....
 Check this out... God has plans for me... there is a bud!
 and finally the newest member in my family of plants ... 
meet Bernard ( my sister Lisa named him) the Japanese Maple 
I got him a Mahoney's last weekend ... Some really good looking guy was watching me as I picked him out and he kept smiling at me and as he got closer to me I said "why are you smiling at me" and he said 
"you got yourself a good one" my sister said, "men are going to flirt with you ... enjoy it".




I love Bernard....

No comments:

Post a Comment