Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Spring has Sprung

Thank God!  Everything is that beautiful fuzzy baby goose yellow green!  If one more flake of snow had fallen that would have been the end of me.  









A very large tree limb came down on my honeysuckle last fall... I thought about replacing this trellis but I have a new attitude on things "damaged".  Everything damaged gets to go on in my world now, besides it has so much more character than when it was perfect.


The herbs are in...now I'm happy!









For Mother's Day I made a Lingonberry Tart.  Lingonberries are native to Sweden (and so am I.... well 1/4 of me is) and are very delicious like a tiny cranberry.  Tart and sweet... (I've made homemade yogurt and added some lingonberries to it ...very good combo.)





The crust was made with 1& 1/2 cups of almond flour and 1 &1/2 cups of oat bran flour, 6 TBS of brown sugar and 1 stick of butter.  Combine and press into a tart pan and bake at 350 for a 1/2 hour or until set like a cookie.  spread with the lingonberries and cut into wedges.  We served it with vanilla ice cream.



Zachary really liked the lingonberries until he spotted the giant chocolate covered strawberries......then it was all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment