Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Twin beds and Toilet seat and Switch box ... Oh My

Doesn't sound as good as Lions and Tigers and Bears does it, but those things made Dorothy nervous and these things make me nervous.  Lets start with the beds...they were my MooMoo's (Swedish for Grandmother) beds. They are beautiful antique beds, my sister Lisa and I slept on them for years when we were little girls and I still slept on mine through in college.  I am refinishing them for the new guest room.  



The scary part is that I had to purchase mattresses for them....that cost me $600 bucks... that is not that much for 2 twin bed mattresses with box springs, and that's  because there not good mattresses...but in any case, me parting with money these days is a scary thing.  Now that I am alone I am in constant fear that some huge thing is going to happen and I will need lots of money and not have it, so I am spending as little as possible.  

Which brings me to item #2 the toilet seat (and the reason I will not buy food this week).  I have wanted this toilet seat for 3 years......I know, I know, I'm nuts.... who the hell has a toilet seat on a wish list at Bed Bath & Beyond for 3 years....Ummmm.....that would be me.  But ya seeeeee it's like this, I have never been a girl that likes to shop (just look at my shoes) ...but when I fall for something... I fall hard ....and I am in love with this toilet seat.  Lets just say all day I have gotten so excited when I had to pee, and the one time I forgot and walked into the bathroom, I was startled and yelled "your so pretttttttty".  OK.... the scary part is that I had to special order it because I have an elongated toilet and BB&B doesn't carry it in the stores.  






Drum roll please....I spent $67 on a toilet seat...I know, I know.......  (the toilet seat was only 49.95 but with tax and shipping) 

Finally we come to the switch box....this my friends is the most scary.  The city of Malden has this program that lets local artist apply to paint a switch box.  I applied last fall...stupid, stupid girl!  I was approved and told to call in the spring  to let the city know when I would start on my switch box.  Mine is on the corner of Highland Ave. and Maple St. and I am doing the four seasons of the maple tree.  Well my life was turned upside down in the spring and I ended up with some inner ear thing (due to great stress) that rendered me dizzy, very dizzy..... so I was given the first two weeks in September.  I called the woman who is running this program last week to ask if I could start now because I had so many things to do in the first two weeks in September.  She was wonderful and told me I could start anytime.  Then she told me she was really looking forward to my switch box because the City Council member had fought over which ward was going to get my box.... NO pressure here....just my artistic ability on the line......





  
It's primed.... OH GOD..... now I have to paint......

No comments:

Post a Comment