Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Beast ...

Winnifred Joyce Johnson watched me from heaven today ... and laughed.  Joyce was Carl and Erika's Nana  ... and she was one special lady.  While the kids were young I would very often have to pick them up or drop them off at Nana's house.  I would always comment on how much I loved her antique sofa ... "that old thing ... your crazy" she would tell me.  When Joyce died I offered to buy it ... but her daughters told me to take it ... and my battle with the Beast began.


This is how the whole thing started ...

So I have finally started to rebuild the Beast ... Mother of God ... I got out in the yard at 9:30 this morning ... and the battle began again.  This thing ... well look for yourself ...



fishing line is not usually used ... but I march to my own drum ...







  See that burlap ... yup nailed it all in the wrong place and had to pull all the nails out
and start again ... mother $%#@^& ...



I did take a break to set up my glowing balls ... I know, I know ... balls ...



I finally came in at 4:30 ... and crawled into the shower ... the beast may have won the battle today ... my finger nails are gone ... and there are not enough adult beverages to kill the pain in my body ... but I will win the war with the beast and one day I will sit victorious on him in my living room ... I may even spill red wine on him just for fun ... Bastard!

No comments:

Post a Comment