Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July ... the Delaney way ...

So ... last year I was invited to the Delaney's for the 4th of July ... little did I know they had a plan for me.  After an adult beverage (or 2) I was told I was the judge for the Delaney Girls Dessert Throw Down.  Oh the drama was great ... 4 sister all watching and waiting as I sampled their creations.  In the end I chose the strawberry cake made by Lisa ... (there was cognac in it ... go figure) the other sisters were disappointed but they were good sports.  The news was reported to facebook in mere seconds.  I arrived late this year after being lost in Peabody for half an hour ... and was greeted with a lovely glass of sangria.  








There was food to eat, babies to play with and kids to splash me from the pool ... and then it was down to business ...

Kate ... Amy ... and Lisa last years winner ... 
Stacey with a 4 month old just didn't feel it this year ...

The three entries ...
Kate's Cherry Berry Pie was the winner 
(not pretty but tasty)
 Amy made this cake (made with vodka) awarded second place (because of the vodka)
 And last but not least Lisa's Rolo Cheesecake Bar very good
but so sweet ... I'm just not a sweet person ...

Lisa was not happy ... Next year should be very interesting ...

1 comment:

  1. Visitor here through a link to a link ...

    They all look great. If it were me, I might have needed to eat several pieces of each in order to make a decision. Yum!

    ReplyDelete