Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July.......


Had to buy a new one....my old one was faded and you just can't do that to old glory.  What a great day!  I made lunch for my mom, sister and brother.
 Roasted corn, mini tomatoes, celery, onion, parsley and basil and a splash of dressing....
 Potato salad with, dill pickle, celery, onion, capers, dijon mustard and olive oil mayo (gotta be healthy)....
 Dover sole stuffed with cornbread stuffing and of course the every popular and so unhealthy grilled dog
(on a roll.....just like they serve them at Fenway .... Barnaby)

Then off I went with my sister Lisa to the May/Delaney party.  This family knows how to have a good time.  All the girls made these incredible desserts and I had to be the judge as to which one was the best baker.  Well I am not a sweet person, no I am a sweet person I just don't really like sweet food.  All were very tasty but Lisa Delaney LaRiviere made the most incredible strawberry cake that had cognac in it ....... it was really good.  This is Callie (the Delaney girls grandmother) holding the winning bakers baby...... 



She is the most beautiful baby......

It was a great day with family and the long weekend went by too fast.... by the time I got home it was too late to do any yard work and my head was a little fuzzy from the whip cream vodka and orange soda that Katie Delaney made me (thank you Kate).   Just wanted to post a few pics of the yard for my friend Joan..... the first one is the glass orb she gave me next to my new light orbs....

 Bleeding hearts.....
 Green beans
 English peas


As most of you know my life has changed recently and I have become even more frugal....
This proves that God works in mysterious ways......I told myself not to buy flowers for the window
boxes this year because I couldn't afford it..... so God took care of it for me... 
have no idea where these little yellow flower came from....
Happy 4th everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment