Saturday, July 16, 2011

Dinner with Donna......

Some of you may remember my post about my friend Donna (link) she is a very dear friend and is always there when I need help.  I made dinner for us the other night, nothing fancy, we are simple girls.
 panzanella
 lemon rosemary chicken

I also made a green salad and some lemon pepper noodles.  We ate, laughed and had a little wine .... then we looked at my year book and the boys we coulda shoulda woulda dated.  The funniest was finding the boy we had in common and never knew about....so funny.  OK .... so we are giggling and have the wine glow and now it was down to the real business of the night.   How to get the box spring out of my front bedroom down the stairs and out to the trash....it was a bit of a pickle and at that moment I wished I wasn't pickled, Donna however thought it could only help!  We are both very strong and have always worked well together.  We have done it all from putting a crib together (21 years ago) to disposing of a dead mouse, you name I think we've done it.  We got it started but then it got stuck and it remained stuck for what seemed like forever.  Then we huffed and puffed and got it back up.  Now the dismantling began ....crow bar to wood, we got all the slats off, but still no go.  There are only three things in this world that a women needs to fix any problem.....duct tape, a dremel and her brain.  For this job we did not need duct tape.  Nothing has ever been as satisfying as the sound of the wood snapping after we sawed it and pushed it against the door jamb.  Now folded in half we dragged it out to the trash.... as I was taking these photos Donna told to get back inside crack a beer and scratch my balls I deserved it!  I love her!



No comments:

Post a Comment