Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Paint Chips.....

Joe is gone....been gone since March 23.  Feels really weird to say it out loud.  20 years is a long time...  It's kinda like quitting smoking was for me....in order to get through it I had to change the way I did things.  When I stopped smoking I couldn't drink beer or coffee anymore because I wanted to smoke when I drank those things.... never was a wine drinker now I love the stuff.  So that's how it is .... you just have to do things differently .... maybe not forever but till you get through it.  The one thing I haven't been able to do is stop buying milk....I've gone from gallons to 1/2 gallons but I still throw it away every other week.  Whole unopened 1/2 gallons of 1% milk down the drain.  I've got one in there right now just itching to go bad....promised myself I would make yogurt tonight.  I packed up all of his things and he came and got the last of it a week ago.  So I need to change things in the house so it's different.... like beer to wine.  All that is left in the front bedroom is the rugs, the rocking chair and the cat bed.  When I was in college (Mass College of Art) I took a class (no lie) "Advanced Color Theory" which always sounded to me like "Outdoor Breathing" but I actually learned a lot about color.  One thing I learned was to never paint a room pink.  The color pink can make some people go a little nuts if they spend too much time in it.  Well this is to be the guest room so maybe people won't stay as long.....  The paint chip does not say pink by the by the color is called "Embroidery"  and the green trim is called "Sanctuary" and yes I picked them partly because of the names.  That is my dream job by the way to sit in a cube some where and name colors.







So I'll paint the room and I have an antique dresser waiting to be refinished, and the antique twin beds that were mine when I was little, a handmade bookcase that I got when I lived in Italy and the room will be different and new. A few months ago I was playing with my nephew Zachary who is 3 and I told him I couldn't do something because I was too old and he said "you're not old Aunt Sharon your brand new" the kid is very bright.........


2 comments:

  1. Love the honesty. Changes are a good thing. They mean we're growing, learning, and developing ourselves into something bigger, brighter, and better. You my friend are becoming more fantastic with each day in more ways than you know and understand. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for making me cry again today....by the by I could not be more proud of my pretend daughter....you are all of those things and much, much more...I love you!

    ReplyDelete