Saturday, December 17, 2011

Less Stress ...

Usually I am very stressed at this time of year ... I have myself under the gun to get it all done.  I started to stress a few weeks ago when I realized it was December and not September.  I rambled on and on to my boss about how much I had to do ... the list of things I needed to accomplish before Christmas Eve.  Finally she said, "Sharon ... you don't HAVE to do anything." "You've had a tough year ... not one friend or family member is going to judge you." A wave of relief swept over me ... I don't HAVE to do anything ... God I love my new life.

I put up the tree ... decorated the mantle and I have a few decorations up in the living room ... and that's it.  I'm not doing the rest of the house ... I just don't feel like it.  I went shopping for the first time yesterday and got a few things I thought people would really like ... I can't spent a lot of money ... I don't have a lot of money ... but my loved ones will understand.  I tried really hard to smile and be nice to strangers.  Most people looked so stressed ... and I thought that's how I looked last year ... miserable.  

I got my cards done which was a difficult thing for me ... every year I make my own cards ... writing some out were very emotional for me ... but it's done ... life can't be all smiles ... there are tears too ...

So if on Christmas eve there are not 10 different types of cookies and just a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken in the middle of the table ... I expect my guest to tell me the chicken was delicious ... and I hope everyone enjoys their new bathmats this year!   Ho Ho Ho ..............






No comments:

Post a Comment