Friday, February 24, 2012

Don't Feel Bad For Me ......

I was told recently that "someone" felt bad for me ... to this I say ... DO NOT .. FEEL BAD .. FOR ME ... don't pity me ... I was furious ... seething even ... what you should tell me is that you admire me because I am strong and I am not bitter and angry and I do not wish you any ill will ... you should be happy for me that I lived through something horrible and hard ... that you had a hand in  ... lies and betrayal hurt on so many levels ... and yet I came out on the other side happy and new ... saying that you feel "bad for me" implies that I am somehow weak ... that you look down on me ... that I am pathetic in your eyes ... sad even ... I am none of those things ...  I am self-sufficient, self-reliant, capable, creative and smart ... very smart ... you don't know me ... we have never met ... you have no idea who or what I am ... Frederich Nietzsche said "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" and I believe I am very strong physically and mentally ... and I am these things in spite of you ... Applause ... high fives ... fist bumps ... and atta boys ... is what I deserve ... not your pity ... truth be told ... I feel bad for you ... ask yourself why?


2 comments:

  1. I have been doing some reading here this afternoon as it seems like you have handled things pretty well, all in all. Don't let the negatives bring you down.

    Best wishes for continued happiness. And btw -- all the pictures and posts about great looking meals made reading on an empty stomach difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ... it's been a long road ... but an interesting one. I'm glad the food looks good ... I don't know about the taste though ...

    ReplyDelete