Sunday, February 26, 2012

Having Patience ........

Patient - Bearing or enduring pain, difficulty, provocation or annoyance with calmness.

A good friend recently stated that I was not a patient person.  I believe that in the past I was extremely patient ... and those of you that know the truth of my past life can attest ... I was patient to a fault ... patient to the point of being an idiot ... so much so that from mid March of last year until mid August ... every time I looked in the mirror I said "Idiot" with complete and total disgust ... I felt like such a fool ... those closest to me say that I was wrong to feel that way ... that I took my vows seriously ... how was I to know ... for literally years I was patient ... I waited and I waited and I prayed ... I've never prayed for frivolous things ... never asked for that shiny red bike ... I prayed that dying babies had no pain and that I would have happiness in my marriage ... I waited and I waited and I prayed ... in some cases not the whole 20 years but a good 15 ... I waited and I waited ... I believe I am quite the expert when it comes to patience ... let's just say I have had a lot of practice ...

So now my life is different in so many ways and I don't have to wait anymore ... I don't have to hope ... I can just reach out and grab ... I do not wait for others to toss me a crumb of happiness ... I make my own.  I live like there is no tomorrow ... I dance as if no one is watching (cause no one is I do that alone ... it's a little like Elaine on Seinfeld ... not pretty) and I have no patience damn it!  Patience is for losers ... I want it all and I want it now!  I waited a long time to get what I want ... and I deserve that shiny red bike ... and for once it feels good to say give it to me ... I want it and I deserve it ... I've paid my dues ... get out of my way ... there is life to be lived and I am living it ... with a top hat on and a cigar in my mouth!

Have you ever wondered ... just for one minute ... just for one second ... can it get any better than this ... I have ... recently ...


No comments:

Post a Comment