Monday, March 5, 2012

March again ...

I was born in the month of March as was my Grandmother ... as a child I loved the fact that this incredibly special person in my life and I got to celebrate our birthdays together.  My grandmother was born on the 20th and she always referred to herself as a spring chicken.  I love the spring everything dead comes alive again ... the snow and cold slowly go away and the hope of warm, sunny days and flowers are ahead ... and it all starts in March. 

In January of last year I had a EKG at my doctors office and it came back abnormal.  I was sent to a cardiologist and a stress test was performed.  The second week of March I met with the cardiologist who told me that just to be safe he wanted to run additional tests ... something just wasn't right.  The third week of March I discovered my husband of 19 years was having an affair.  The fourth week of March I had another stress test and echo cardiogram and asked my husband to leave.  The fifth week of March I turned 48 and was told my heart was fine ... I said to the doctor ... "really? ... because it feels like it's been ripped from my chest and stomped on."

So here it is again ... March one year later ... and I am reminded of that children's book by Dr. Seuss "Oh The Places You'll Go" ... because in the last year I truly have gone places ... and on the other side of this year I am grateful for every step and every tear and every smile and every belly laugh ... and oh the places I have yet to go...

some words from the book that struck me ...........

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.

And when you're alone, there's a very good chance
you'll meet things that scare you right out of your pants.
There are some, down the road between hither and yon,
that can scare you so much you won't want to go on.

And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3 / 4 percent guaranteed.)

KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!

So...
be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
you're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way! 

Image Detail

No comments:

Post a Comment