Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Food from the past two weeks!


My friend Linda brought me something to taste today... it was unbelievable.....lobster, shrimp, cream sauce, pasta, white wine....oooooh and other stuff but I was too busy inhaling it....I'll have to get the rest of the how to tomorrow when I have recovered from thinking about it. (Good thing I don't have to get my blood tested anytime soon)

I haven't been cooking too much over the past few weeks. Well, I have tried! Jelly is not my friend. Well watermelon jelly is not, strawberry rhubarb is. The watermelon will not jell. The strawberry rhubarb I have been told by those who have tasted it, is good.






One Friday Joe and I were both off and I decided to make a special breakfast. I had made a banana bread with chocolate chips, I had planned on stuffing it with chocolate cream cheese and making French toast but banana bread is not a soft as white bread so it didn't work. So I just made the French toast and put the cream cheese on top with some chocolate syrup. The first 3 bites were good, but then I had to give Joe the rest of mine.....a little too sweet for me. The chocolate cream cheese was very tasty.






This is catfish with basil cream sauce. I usually put shrimp in the sauce but I didn't have time. Catfish with shrimp and basil sauce is one of Joe's favorite meals (and he really doesn't like fish).



One night I only had a little time so I grated a few potatoes and browned them then added a few scrambled eggs and some cheese and threw it in the oven to finish....not bad ....but not going to rush to make this again soon.




This was tonights dinner, Trader Joe has these great lemon pepper noodles and I just added some shrimp and white fish with lots of lemon zest, juice, parsley, butter, olive oil...yum and quick.




No comments:

Post a Comment