Wednesday, September 29, 2010



This was dinner this evening......not what I intended or wanted....but interesting all the same.  Yesterday on my favorite site "Simply Recipes" the featured recipe was "Eggplant Green Curry."  I sounded so good....so I printed out the recipe and headed to the Asian market in town and began the hunt.  The two key ingredients were green curry paste and kaffir lime leaves, and of course I couldn't find either.  I ended up getting a jar of curry with coconut milk (coconut milk being one of the other ingredients) swapped out jicama for the bamboo shoots, and omitted the red pepper.  Lets just say its out of my system and if I make anything like this again I would peel the eggplant.  There is alot to say for trying new things....the first 3 or 4 bites were great but then the skin was too tough and the flavor wasn't right and no more experimenting for awhile.  Tomorrow I'm going to get Beef Wellington under my belt for the first time....look out Gordon Ramsey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment