Friday, September 23, 2011

Boston.....

I live in a town located 5 mile north of Boston.  Bostonians are a rare breed.  We are fiercely loyal to our sports teams....(even those of us that don't exactly understand the sport) and yes we talk funny (we know it get over it) and we are notoriously bad driver.  I don't go into the city often which is a shame because there is so much to see and do...Last night I was invited to dinner with my sister and her friends Andy, Dean and Susan.  Lisa works in Boston and drives to work everyday (what she pays for parking is close to my salary) so she drove.  






This is the famous South Station ...... home of the most romantic scene every played out in my life.  I felt like I was in a movie......it was 23 years ago.....very few people know this story and it's going to have to stay that way....to protect the innocent........







The restaurant we met at was in South Boston a little Mexican hole in the wall. 




I had the best time with this group.  My sister has great taste in friends, I felt as if I had known them my whole life.  Dean had me a hello...... the guy is like a life coach.... I walked out of there feeling better about myself than when I walked in.

Recently my friend (she hates it when I call her that .....because we are family she says) Katie Delaney (Joe's cousin) told me I should never look at my 20 years with Joe as bad in any capacity, just because he and I didn't work out. I have sooooo many wonderful relationship that were created through those years and if I hadn't married him I wouldn't have Katie in my life today.  On the flip side if Joe and I were still together I never would have gone out to dinner last night and made new friends.  So I guess the lesson in all of this is when life hands you lemons make lemon sorbet.....and also take any opportunity to meet new people and have new experiences.  Hell .... maybe I'll be back at South Station someday............     


No comments:

Post a Comment