Sunday, September 25, 2011

More than I can chew.....

I think I have finally bitten off more than I can chew.  I have so many projects going on at once and the way I am dealing with it is the same way I clean my house.  My method is complete and utter insanity .... but somehow it works for me.  When I clean lets say I start with the vacuuming and half way through I notice that there is a smudge on the woodwork in the living room.  So stop the vacuum and go get a rag and some cleaner and then start looking for other smudges on the woodwork.  Now I'm in the dinning room with the rag and cleaner and see a cobweb in the corner of the ceiling oppppps get out the step latter and so on.  3 hours later I am back in the living room with the vacuum.   This crazy method has spilled over into all other areas of my life....and now this is how I am handling my projects.  Mostly because of the weather .... it's been raining so often that I can't seem to get the damn switchbox painted.....I worked on it for an hour this afternoon.....until the sky threatened to open again.  Then I had to run home and throw a tarp over what will be my biggest, mother of all challenges, of my 48 years......(in my head there is Darth Vader music playing)





This is an antique sofa that belonged to the grandmother of Erika and Carl.  Joyce passed away a few months back and it has been a very difficult time for them.  Every time I visited Joyce I would comment on how much I loved this sofa, Joyce couldn't understand that because to her it was just "that old thing".   So when the family was cleaning out the house I offered to buy it from them and they gave it to me.   The inside will have to be pretty much rebuilt and springs restrung and it will cost a pretty penny for the new material and snow is coming folks....so I need to get it done.....my mother taught me how to upholster years ago....you remove one piece at a time, take notes and use the old pieces as patterns for the new ones and lots and lots of little tacks. I have done other pieces but nothing this large.
I did my dinning room chairs
 This old chair that was my grandmothers had to be redone because my cat like to scratch the old fabric...

 Turns out she likes the new fabric just as well....

 I did this little overstuffed chair it's beside my bed and for some reason the cat doesn't care for it...
 Oh look some sort of smudge on the wall gonna get the rag and cleaner and go get it....
 and I made these curtains to match the chair.....
These things were all easy compared to a sofa....but my mom has done a sofa ...so I can do a sofa.  I know, I know.... if your mother jumped off a bridge would you?.....


So now there is another thing under a tarp in my back yard.....somebody really needs to stop me before I hurt myself......

No comments:

Post a Comment