Sunday, September 18, 2011

I did it.........

I did it......have been stressing about it for a few months now.......stressing but also so excited!  My friends Liz and David Hart hired me to cater a fund raising event for them.  Liz is the Founder and Executive Director of Tailored For Success, Inc. http://tailoredforsuccess.org/ They have both been so wonderful to me, and the confidence they have in me is so amazing.  We had a little tasting party at my house a while back and hammer out the menu.  I hired my little assistant (my pretend daughter) Erika to help me out.  I do believe she never wants to see a skewer or a spring roll again in her life.  We couldn't get in until 11:30 and the function began at 1:30.... that's not a lot of time when you have to cook 5 billion spring rolls, and 4 million sausage cups...in the end 12 sausage cups remained and not 1 damn spring roll....Things seemed to be going along fine when someone poked their head in the kitchen and said "is the food going to come out soon?"  I said "David told me nothing was to go out until exactly 1:30."  "It's quarter of 2 dear" was her response.... Ooooops..... It went out pretty fast.

Erika kept calling me Sandra Lee because I was obsessed with the table design and the centerpiece.


 Can't take any credit for the card...David told me to make it ....my sister Lisa told what to write and my good friend Katie Delaney did the editing....I printed them and cut them out ....


 Sausage and cheese cups (heart attack...but very popular)   
 pate a choux (like a tiny popover with parmesan and chives)   
 Erika was a life saver .... she kept making me repeat these annoying little thing like...."I will not burn the spring rolls"  ... "I can do this" and my response would be things like "shut the hell up and get back to work."
She really did so much for me and I could not have done it without her.



 Skewers with prosciutto, artichoke heart, mozzarella, tomato, basil and balsamic drizzle 


 I think the moment when I finally thought okay this is a success is when I heard this older lady say
"I don't know what this purple stuff is but it's delicious."  That's beet hummus and it's very tasty...

 White bean dip with basil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil and tahini.




 5 billion vegetable spring rolls and not 1 left...

These are my life savers.... 
My friends Katie, David (the Boss) and Erika
Katie came to the fund raiser as a guest and worked the entire time .... love her!
 

So it's over ...and now it's tucked under my belt with bunch of other things I never thought I could do.... My waist keeps shrinking but this belt keeps getting bigger.....I'm starting to think there is nothing I can't do.....and that my friends may be a very dangerous way to think.....but this was an empowering day for me and I'm excited about the future.... and that, I'm sad to say, is a feeling the old Sharon never felt.... move over Mary Tyler Moore I'm throwing my hat up in the air......


No comments:

Post a Comment