Friday, September 30, 2011

Homemade Raviolis .....

With all the crazy things going on in my life, I have to sometimes just slow down and breathe, which for those that know me, I don't do very often.  Just eating lately is something I have to remind myself to do.  I had some sheets of pasta left over from the spring rolls from the catering job and wanted to use them some other way.  I made these huge raviolis with a filling inspired by the puttanesca I made a few weeks back.  To ricotta cheese I added finely chopped oil cured black olives, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, capers and a small squirt of hot sauce.  I added a handful of parmesan and mixed it up.



A glob in the center of the pasta sheet...


then wet all the edges, about 1/2 inch...


fold over and seal the edges while pushing any air inside out.


Now I have a nice container of frozen ravioli for when my house guest arrives.


However, I did need to cook and try them to make sure they were okay to serve to my guest.  Rather than use a deep pot I thought they would be easier to work with in the shallow pan, fresh pasta tends to be very delicate.  I cooked them for a few minutes in the water and then drained them and cooked them for a few more minutes in sauce.


They are good enough to serve to my guest, however these three were two meals for me...need to remember how filling they are and not cook so much next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment