Monday, January 3, 2011

My sister Lisa's house!

My sister and I could not be more different in some ways.  Take fashion for example, it first struck me years ago when we had to go to a party together.  I had my standard black pants, turtleneck and blazer on with simple jewelry.  As I sat on the sidelines watching people dance (I don't dance....don't ask me) I looked out and spotted my sister she was wearing bright shocking pink and big chunky jewelry and dancing.  I'll never forget that moment.  Since then I have tried to be a little more adventurous with my fashion.  I haven't always been dull in the fashion sense, my mother will tell you how I would dress when I was in college.  I went to Mass College of Art in Boston and had to dress the part.  That was an entire life time ago....It's all I can do to not wear the turtlenecks.  Anyhoo....our style of decorating is similar in a lot of ways.  We both grew up with a great appreciation for antiques and fine things.  She has managed to get a lot of Scandinavian accents in her home (our great grandfather came to this country from Sweden.)  This year she wanted a white tree....many hours were spent in search of it.



It was very pretty.


 
 
Notice the wooden clogs on the bottom right.


This is the painting over the mantel (by me)






These are antique paper bowls











I love all the little details over the doors and windows!



This was our Nana Beck's red ornament it is large and no longer red.
I have the green mate to it on my mantel










2 comments:

  1. Wow, such beautiful decorations. And I love this blog Sharon! I'll have to check out prev posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...you and I are having a love fest today...your blog is very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete