Thursday, November 3, 2011

Art....



My sister Lisa and I went to an art exhibit last night.  Walter the artist is a friend of Lisa's.  Lisa takes me to all of Walters shows so I can explain the art to her.  The pieces I cannot explain Walter does.  The guy is an absolute genius in my opinion.  Some of his stuff can be political and I'm not sure Walter and I see eye to eye on the politics but I try and respect the fact that we don't have to in this country and that's what makes our country so great. 


This piece is entitled "2 Party System" 

This piece is large maybe 5 ft by 4 ft. The red and blue are like giant party blow horns.  Some of them just butt up against each other and others cross over each other.  I asked Walter if the stars were missing from the flag because there are no stars in politics and he just nodded his head yes and smiled.  I love it when I get his stuff. 


LIFELIKE

The L is made with fake grass, the I with fake leather, FK is fake fur and the E is fake wood.  Lisa said "explain this,"  "really...there all synthetic materials made to look life like"......"Ohhhh."  I love the fact that my sister is brilliant (and I am not) and she needs me to explain this stuff to her.  


Skin Deep (BEAUTY)



A Star In Waiting for Its Gleam


Room for Discussion

 

DOWN side UP


See What I Say


Just Your Luck (antique prosthetic leg)



Waistband for a Glutton for Punishment (Faith)



The Fruits of My Labor - (Perhaps a Joke is in Order)




Okay... so I don't get all of Walters work .... some of it you really have to study for a while to understand....and some I never do .... but don't tell Lisa.



No comments:

Post a Comment