Saturday, November 19, 2011

Life.......

Funny ... Life ... it can change in an instant.  It amazes me that eight short months ago I thought mine was over.  I was truly devastated, literally could not function.  Slowly, things started to change ... I began to change ... to adapt ... and grow ... I began to smile more and laugh ... really laugh and I realized how amazing my life is.  I started to just appreciate everything I have, and love the people I love deeper, and not take one second for granted.  Life is too short to dwell on the past, there is nothing we can do about it ..."it is what it is."  I can honestly say I am happier today than I ever have been.  My future is open wide and no one or nothing can keep me from living the best life I can.  My destiny lies in my hands and mine alone.  There are people and events that can help with my happiness but truly being happy is up to me.  There will be bumps in the road, everybody has them ... but I need to remember I can learn from every bump and not to let it stop my progress.  Something tells me I won't be suffering to much with the Seasonal Affective Disorder this winter ... I'm not S.A.D. ... I'm happy and I intend to stay that way.  Today I smiled all day ... and I'm still smiling.   Funny ... Life ... 


My view of heaven ...






Like Dorothy said "I know that if I ever go looking for my hearts desire, 
I'll never go any further than my own back yard.
For if it isn't there, I never really lost it"
 "There's no place like home." 

2 comments:

  1. Life is funny Share! Funny how a perspective can change so quickly... drastically.. positively! I'm grateful that out of a hurtful, dishonest, & abrupt instance in your life, you've managed to see the brighter side of things. I truly believe moments in our lives happen for a reason.. life is meant to be lived to learn from our mistakes, make decisions that will shape who we want to be, love and to be loved, and to be with people who make us happy.. settling for less just means we are cheating ourselves. YOu deserve nothing but the best... and I think for you, the best is yet to come! Love you auntie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it ...that's what it's all about ...live your life kid ... and don't look back

    ReplyDelete