Saturday, November 19, 2011

Catering Job #2

My friend Liz hired me to do a small catering job for her this past Tuesday evening.  It wasn't as big as the Fashion Show I catered for her, but a great experience and the more practice I get the more confidence I will get.  The event was for the Chamber of Commerce in town and others in the city.  I did a couple experiments and they turned out pretty good.  I love it when something strange and interesting is also delicious.  

This was my own creation,
Small rounds of pie crust filled with a mixture of porcini and shiitake mushrooms,
 shallots lemon thyme and cream cheese.






This is a pot sticker with golden peas and caramelized shallots and herbs 
inspired by a recipe from 101 Cookbooks.

I liked them with a little hoisin sauce but they were good on there own too.



Spring rolls


Bruschetta 

White Bean Dip with basil and lemon


The pot stickers were a big hit people couldn't figure out what the main ingredient was...yellow peas, cooked and mashed are transformed with the addition of caramelized shallots and some tarragon and thyme ...browned in butter and steamed till cooked.  

1 comment: