Sunday, November 13, 2011

Caroline's Birthday......

Yesterday was my sister-in-law Caroline's birthday.  My family has always done big Sunday dinners.  In recent years I was the one that did most Sundays because I love to cook and everyone would come to my house.  Sometimes now I don't even cook for myself on Sunday.  We always make sure if someone has had a birthday during the week that we do a birthday dinner on the Sunday closest to their birthday.  Sometimes we go up to New Hampshire and Caroline cooks which is great.... the girl can cook.  Today I cooked for her.  


Yesterday I cleaned the remaining rosemary off the plant and made rosemary and thyme bread.




 The pellet stove works great for the rising dough.



Chicken breasts stuffed with taleggio cheese and a few fresh tarragon leaves 
wrapped in prosciutto pan seared and then baked in the oven to finish. 



 Cannellini beans with butter, garlic and herbs.
(One of my brother wanted to know how I got them to taste so good....butter)

 Tomato, celery, cucumber, parsley, basil with lemon zest dressing. 

 rosemary thyme Bread

Happy Birthday Caroline

Jim and Caroline
 

Zachary (product of Jim and Caroline)
 

 He had to eat the apple sitting on the apple chair.....

So today was another landmark day for me.  Today was the first time since March that I have hosted a big family dinner.  It was nice to have all my sibling here.  Al is here for another day and then back to California.  It doesn't happen often that we are all together and it's nice for my mom to have all her babies in the same room.  I thought it would be hard for me because for the past 19 years Joe was here, but I was fine.  I'm good with it all.  I'm in a good place and I'm happy, truly happy.  I hope he is too.  Life goes on....Jenna said to me once years ago "someday you'll be gone and 100 years from now no one will know you were even here" I don't know about that ... I plan to leave a mark on this earth. Maybe I already have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment