Saturday, November 5, 2011

Beast update....

For those of you following the saga of the Beast that lurks in my backyard ... this post is for you (and I believe there are 3 of you).   Today I slayed the Beast ... and he didn't go down without a fight.  I have never in my life seen so many staples and tacks ... that bastard was built to last.  I have pages of notes and a million photos but I know when I rebuild this monster next spring I'm going to have problems.  I have always loved a challenge but this is ridiculous. 















So there he is completely striped naked ... all that is left is wood, cardboard, springs and burlap.  I will have to remove and replace the cardboard and burlap, re-string the springs and fix some damage to the frame itself.  I'm thinking white fabric to match the other chair in the living room.  I cannot wait to sit on him and claim my victory......

No comments:

Post a Comment