Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011.....

My family doesn't go around the table and say what we are thankful for.  A lot of families do that.  I noticed that a lot of people on facebook posted what they were thankful for and it was nice to see.  People don't normally talk about what they are thankful for ... we humans like to bitch more about the daily crap we have to deal with ... I do it too.  But this year is different for me ... I've thought about it a lot today ... about how lucky I am, how blessed, and fortunate ... I truly am.  I have a wonderful, supportive, loving family ... I have a job I really enjoy ... Friends that bring me so much happiness ... a warm safe home ... and Life.  I try now to live each day as if it were my last.  My sister-in-law Caroline and I were talking while getting things ready today.  There is an old friend of her's that she isn't really friends with anymore ... and something happened recently that has made her want to reach out ... and I told her even though this friend hurt her she should reach out ... live life with no regrets.  I thought about my friend Gale today ... in my recent cheating with the cigarettes I have had a lot of guilt ... at the very beginning of it I thought of Gale ... she and I quit together years ago ... about a month ago, it was a Monday, and I thought call Gale and tell her what your doing ... she'll yell at you and you'll stop this crazy behavior ... I picked up the phone and something happened and I didn't call ... two days later another friend called and said "Gale died Monday the wake is today" ... Life happens ... regrets are part of it ... but if you can avoid them by picking up the phone ... just knowing you tried is priceless.  I have learned so much in the last 8 months about happiness and being thankful.  I'm thankful for everyday ... and I try to live a life with no regrets and yet I don't want to leave this world coasting out peacefully I want to leave dancing and singing at the top of my tone deaf lungs ... I don't have all the answers yet ... I know that "time take time" as a good friend has told me ... but I know I have come a long way in the last 8 months and I am happy even with all my flaws and fault ... I just try and be the best I can be for me and those I care about ... and to be thankful for everything ... 

I make the apple pie every year
I always miss my dad, but especially on Thanksgiving ... When it was time for pie my mom would ask him what kind he wanted she would list each one and there were always about seven different kinds and his standard answer every year was "just give me the one Sharon made." I loved my dad ... 


I made the green bean casserole 

I made the scalloped oysters

Mom made the bird

 Caroline and family friend Launa



 Zachary will be 4 on Sunday 

 Brother Jim and Zachary

This is a terrible picture of me but I want my niece Jenna in California to see that I made an attempt to curl my hair like she taught me in October ... Jenna you do it much better than I do ... but I tried ...

No comments:

Post a Comment