Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Another snow day.....when will it end...

My neighbor across the street lets Joe keep his snowblower in his garage, because we don't have a garage.  So when Joe is working and my neighbor is not (cause he works for the school system in Boston, no school for kids no work for him) he cleans everything up while Joe is at work.  Love this guy......



This is the house next to my neighbor across the street.  She lets Joe park in her garage during the snow storms because we can't park on the street and our driveway isn't big enough for my car and his truck.  She is the sweetest lady.  Joe always make sure her property is cleaned before anybody else in the neighborhood.  


Anyhoo, another day at home in the snow feeling trapped.  It snowed all day yesterday and all night and it's been raining water and ice all day and the temps are dropping which means by morning every blessed thing will be covered with thick ice.  Can life get much better than this.  And apparently Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow so spring will come early this year.......it better cause folks here in New England are getting mean, really mean.  

I decided to make some of that soda bread that is so easy and give a loaf to my neighbor as a thanks for taking care of me while Joe is at work.  It's the recipe I got from Simply Recipes and it is so good.  



For lunch I made myself a nice light soup with an Asian twist.  I put some chicken broth in a pot and added some fresh grated ginger while it got to a boil.  I chopped some Asian chives, spinach, lemongrass, parsley and cilantro, and threw it all in with some noodles and a couple of shrimp, added a splash of fish sauce, a splash of soy sauce and hot sauce.  It was yummy and hot, just what I needed.  Had it with a slice of the warm bread...so good.  




No comments:

Post a Comment