Wednesday, February 23, 2011

boring.....I blame myself


This was Joe's dinner tonight...BORING....flounder dipped in flour, egg and panko (Japanese bread flakes), roasted potatoes with rosemary and peas.  First, Joe is not a friend of the fish.  Does not like it at all.  (Well he does like swordfish and the catfish with shrimp and basil sauce that I make) Fish is good for you....well better than a big old hunk of red meat. (which we eat very little of for different reasons)  Anyhoo, he ate it and said it was OK, but I like to hear "that was unbelievably good" which... not going to happen with fish.  I blame myself.....I like to experiment with food and flavors and once in a blue moon I stumble onto something "unbelievably good." Then everything that comes after is a bit of a disappointment until I stumble onto the next "unbelievably good" thing.  Sometimes I think I should just repeat the good things over and over but then they too would become boring.  I guess its the same with everything in life you must have the good and the boring in order to appreciate the good.  Still I wish I had made chicken piccata tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Looks delish to me! Flounder piccata, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you ... love the name Cricket it suits you! Maybe drinks and tapas Friday night here, Joe going to the game.

    ReplyDelete