Friday, February 25, 2011

My pretend daughter and miso soup

I had the greatest day today.  I took my pretend daughter Erika (she is real, she's just not mine)shopping for food (today is her real dad's birthday and she's cooking dinner for him.)  I convinced her to buy filet mignon.  If your going to eat red meat... go all the way, explained some fancy way to make potatoes that Joe loves, and let her make a giant chocolate chip cookie at my house instead of the traditional birthday cake, her idea and a great one my house smells amazing.  After we shopped we went to lunch.  She suggested Sake a Japanese place, I am embarrassed to admit I've never had Japanese before.  It was amazing.  I am now in love with miso soup.  




It's fun to take pictures of your food in restaurants, it freaks the wait staff out....Erika just says "It's OK I'm a food blogger."


It was all very delicious and of course I wanted to make miso soup right away so I would be able to have it whenever the wind blew that way.  

After baking the giant chocolate chip cookie, 


it was time to take her home, but not before a trip to the Asian market to pick up a couple of things needed for miso soup.  



Mine was not as good as it was at Sake today but I'll get it there eventually.


Erika's blog is "Finding The Thyme"

2 comments:

  1. you funny girlfriend! so much fun with you today. that cookie put me into a sugar coma..can't imagine what the other kind would do. Save you a piece?

    P.S. the link to my blog is www.findingthethyme.blogspot.com ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shouldn't have any, trying to be good, but you know the Joesta would love a taste.

    ReplyDelete