Sunday, October 23, 2011

Braised Fennel with Pineapple Sage and Pineapple Juice



This is fennel and pineapple sage, fennel has a licorice taste and I don't like licorice, however I love fennel.  I know, I know.......I have braise fennel with other things before usually orange juice, but I didn't have orange I have pineapple and this is the last of the pineapple sage from the herb garden....so that's what I used .... this is now my favorite way to braise fennel.  

clean and remove the tops and bottoms and cut into chunks...
 melt butter in a skillet and add the fennel and salt and pepper....
 brown and add the pineapple sage...
 once it is nice and browned add pineapple juice and leave it alone....
 eventually all the juice will cook off (I added juice a second time and let it cook down even more)
 Yes I ate it all..... it took two days but I did it....

No comments:

Post a Comment