Monday, October 3, 2011

The guest room is done and just in time!

Jenna arrives tomorrow... I am so excited ... love, love, love her.  The room turned out better than I had hoped and I got it all done.  Lisa helped me bring the dresser in from the back yard this afternoon.  Like everything else in my house, every piece in the room means something special to me.  

The dresser was a gift from my friend Donna...the mirror was a wedding gift to my parents...
the rocker was my parents...


the bookcase was a gift from a friend in Italy 25 years ago, I have no idea where in the world he is now,
but I read some old letters from him recently and his words still help years later...


 


the beds belonged to my Grandmother Helen and were in this room decades ago ... then Lisa and I 
slept on them for years in my parents house...and now they are back...


the quilt on the rocker was my mom's baby blanket...


the little shelf between the beds was a gift from my sister Lisa...


the painting is of the mountains of Mourne in Ireland painted by my mothers aunt Sarah Beck...


a wood carving I did in art school...


the bowler belonged to my dad's dad ... and it fits me perfectly...


I got faith, I got hope and I got love...



Me and the Bean.....she arrives tomorrow....I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment