Tuesday, October 25, 2011

War Wounds...

I feel like I am at war...well in battle lets say...in many ways...and with many things.  Some are personal, private and no one knows but me.  Other things are right out there for the whole world to see...and then there is the beast that lurks in my back yard that only my neighbors can see.  This beast has bested me the past few days and I fear may drive me right out of my mind.   I have worked tirelessly since March to rebuild my fragile ego...I have fought negative feelings on a daily basis...and just when I started feeling like I had the world in my pocket ... like I can do anything and nothing can stop me...the beast rears it's ugly head and growls at me.  I will not give up without one hell of a fight and I will prove to myself once and for all that I can do anything...it may take a year...but I will slay the beast.  I will rebuild and reupholster the beast and then I will put him in my living room and sit on him!

The Beast...
 I have worked with lots of furniture in the past but nothing like this...
 There are techniques used here that I have never seen before...

 I don't know if this would be considered Art Deco or  Art Nouveau but it's something 
and it's going to be gorgeous when I'm done with it!

It's only been a few days but I have pages of notes and about 50 pictures as well as several drawings to help me put this monster back together.  It is in the backyard because it has some mold and mildew issues, but just with the fabric (which I have to keep to use as patterns for the rebuild)...I was afraid the wood would be bad but it's in great shape.  The frame itself is damaged on one side and someone tried to fix it but I'm going to have to remove most of it and rebuild it.  I have allergies to mold and mildew so my nose is not happy.  The minute we have one cool day my hands get all dry and my finger tips split (you could say I have dry skin issues) so working with my hands is not pleasant...the thick leather gloves help to protect me from the billions (and I'm not exaggerating) of tacks and staples.  My goal is to get it down to the wood and get it into the basement before it snows.  (Some ASS said it may snow Thursday...over my Seasonal Affected Disordered dead body it will.)  Another problem is the days are getting shorter...well it's getting dark earlier and I have so little time when I get home from work before it's dark out.  I will keep up the good fight and hope for a victory...for now the beast lay sleeping in my backyard...but someday....  


No comments:

Post a Comment