Tuesday, October 11, 2011

No More Fear.......

I have said this before and I will probably say it a million times again before I die....."I'm not afraid anymore".  A year ago I was afraid of everything....now nothing....OK I am still afraid of the monster under my bed ....but what girl isn't.   I used to fret and worry about everything from the bills to my health.  No matter who you are .... when you go through something traumatic it changes you....in my case things that used to cause me worry .... stopped.  As soon as I get home now, the brace comes off my ankle, I used to wear it every waking moment.  Now I know, yes, I may twist it but it's only pain and can live through that.  I used to fret about money and the bills, but I don't anymore I'm responsible and it all gets taken care of.  The way I feel now is that "it is what it is" and there is nothing I can do to change anything except what is about me and my business, that's mine and I'm in charge of it.  So with that all being said I was afraid last week.  Now I know I just said I wasn't afraid of anything but, totally new experiences are the exception to my new rule.  If something is new and scary your allowed to be a little afraid for a short amount of time.  In this case it was heating the house for the winter for the first time by myself.  I never had to order pellets, have them delivered, and then carried them into the house.  I knew it was going to be physically impossible for me to carry 100 40lb bags by myself into the house.  I told my friend Donna I was nervous about the task and she said "don't worry I'll rally the troops," and she did.  I got my sister Lisa, my niece Jenna, my pretend daughter Erika, and my "Family Member" Kate to agree to Girls Night In - Pellet Night!  Donna came with her troops Lisa, Jill, Sue, and Jenn.  To my great delight Kate's sister Amy came later in the evening and entertain the hell out of me as usual.  These 100 40lb bags caused me worry..... and were in the house in 20 minutes.  This serves as a valuable lesson to me.....DON'T BE AFRAID OF ANYTHING....except the monster under the bed.  We are told numerous times in the Bible to not be afraid that with God all things are possible.  God certainly was in the form of girl power that night.   I was truly amazed at the well oiled machine we turned into and how quickly it all got done, it took longer to fry the spring rolls.  The pellets used to be stored in the basement not the TV room but....things change.....it's not pretty but that's OK.  

It amazes me that this little stove heats my whole house.
 This is what 100 40lb bags looks like outside.....
 and inside....
 The Troops ....... Donna, Jill, Lisa, Jenn and Sue....
 Erika, Jenna and Kate
 Lisa and Jenna...
 The Boss with the bowl.....
Lisa with the bowl.... 
 Kate and the bowl....
 Jenna creator of the bowl .....
 Erika double bowled .....
 Donna seems a little too happy with the bowl.....
 Amy and the bowl....
 I was told to be sexy on the pellets....apparently I don't know how to be sexy...
the hand print on the window is interesting ...






A big huge thank you to all the girls for their help and the fun.... There was no reason to be afraid at all.  I need to always remember that line from the end of the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" ....... "remember no man (woman) is a failure who has friends."

No comments:

Post a Comment