Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Tour # 1.......

My sister-in-law Caroline gave my sister Lisa a wine tour of Boston for her birthday ... and bonus ... Caroline, Jenna and I got to go as well.  We parked in the garage that my sister parks in for work and walked to Morton's where the tour began.  

The Prudential 



 The Boston Public Library 

This is the Copley Plaza Hotel
we used it as a cut through ....





 The Oak Room


 Trinity Church
The Copley T station (fancy for a subway) 

 I love how skyscrapers are juxtaposed with the old buildings in Boston....

Morton's
The best part of this first stop was that I got to sit directly across from William and his wife (whose nickname is Jake ... just like me) ... William it turns out knows more about wine than anyone else on the tour including the tour guide!  Foolishly I thought I had knowledge galore because I knew what the legs were ... not so ... Williams knew a lot more ... I bet he has never had wine from the box either.  After sipping and slurping and swishing our first two samples, it was back to the pavement but as a group this time and we were off to Maggiano's. 





 Is it just me or .... forget it.....


 This is the Park Plaza (wedding reception #1 was here) 


 William and Jake
 and the rest of the gang ... it's funny how after a few slurps of the red you become friends...

 We hit the bricks once more and headed to Bacco's wine & cheese shop 
(my new favorite place on earth ... the most delicious stuff )




 I spent 30 bucks on some mustard, fig spread, a small jar of dukkah (an egyptian spice and nut mix) 
and an incredible bar of chocolate (which I have only had one bite of)  I cannot go here ever again!
I could not believe the selection of cheese the best part was each cheese had a great description...
one said something like "smells like feet tastes great"! 


 I have a thing about mermaids almost bought this just for the label (for the wall of shame)

 This bottle of wine is as big as the bottle of champagne above....
I wish I could buy it for my sister ... 

This is the tour guide ... very amusing!


We had a great time ... thanks Caroline!

No comments:

Post a Comment